Hi crafters! Just a quick post to let everyone know that I'm in the process of combining both my papercrafting and vinyl blogs into one. The new blog is called "Made by Misha", and I hope that you'll hop over and continue to follow me there.
When I reach 100 followers, I will have a super grab bag full of blog candy for someone. Hope to see you there!
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Making them couldn't be easier. First you pour in the floor polish and swirl it around to coat the inside. Once coated, drain the excess out. If you're only making one, you can set it back on the open bottle of Pledge. Otherwise, I suggest having a few paper cups to place them in so can drain a few while glittering. Next you'll dump some glitter inside the ornament and swirl it to coat the inside. Pour the excess out, put the cap on the ornament and you're done. We added Lex's name to ours using vinyl and the Cricut, and tied a bow to match. Easy, peasy!
Monday, July 5, 2010
Here's another great idea for vinyl...car window decals. These are just a couple that I had special requests for. The first one went on the back window of a Mustang, and says, "Momma's Pony". It also has the Mustang icon above the wording.
Sunday, July 4, 2010
So, my daughter celebrated her 17th birthday on June 18th. What better way than to go to the midnight opening show of Toy Story 3D? I offered to make her and her friends some shirts to wear, and they chose to have the alien from the movies on them (he's sooo cute). Anyway, while I used my Cricut to do the cutting, the Toy Story cartridge hasn't been released to the public yet so I had to find my own picture and convert it to a file I could cut using SCAL. I am loving the updates to SCAL2 that allows me to break apart pics that I have traced. I was able to separate each part according to what color we wanted and then simply piece them back together when ironing the vinyl on.
When the aliens were finished, the girls decided they wanted their names on their shirts as well. Back to the web I went in search of a font that looked like childrens' builing blocks (it was the girls' idea). After some tweaking, I was able to stack them and apply them to the shirts as well. One more quick pic before I go (the morning after)...sorry Lex!
Thursday, June 24, 2010
HERE. It is sized to fit a set of 4 tile coasters that are 4"x4"x2" when stacked together. I think I'm going to go back and add a window to the lid though. It would be nice to see the image on the coasters while they are boxed up. You can get that file HERE.